The future of CRM is a bright one! As more and more businesses lean further into the work from home setting, the demand for CRM software that meets everyone’s needs has grown over the past few decades.
Whether you’re a fresh new startup looking to launch this year, or you’re well-established and want to refresh your next strategy for marketing or invoicing, naturally you want only the best customer relationship management software on the market. Enter Honeybook…and Dubsado.
Wait, what’s the difference?
One quick Google search later reveals countless articles on the same subject. We know you don’t have time to filter through a lot of information though; maybe you need a CRM system sooner, or today even.
That’s why we’re here to help. Let’s go over this Honeybook vs Dubsado comparison and determine which software you should choose for your business. And in order to give you the best answer, it’s worthwhile going over the basics first.
What is Honeybook?
Honeybook was released in 2013 as a CRM system. It’s dedicated to streamlining client communication and creating online contracts, invoices, and questionnaires on one platform. Initially, it was designed to further enhance the daily client management process.
Some of the coolest features Honeybook has to offer includes a mobile app version, meaning you can take it while you’re on the go. The system is its very own payment processor, which adds a level of simplicity to processing client payments you can’t help but notice. Another feature worth mentioning is its ease of use for Google Chrome, which is a must if you and your staff use G-Suite for emails and calendars.
Basically, Honeybook is a great way to enable automation in payment processes and daily tasks for any on-the-go business owners, such as photographers, wedding planners, and creative agencies to name a few.
What is Dubsado?
Dubsado is a slightly newer CRM software compared to Honeybook (granted, only by a couple of years) and it was officially founded in 2015. Like Honeybook, you can create invoices and contracts on Dubsado as well as manage your company’s workflow process and client management.
One reason many business owners are using Dubsado is its Zoom and Quickbooks integrations; it plays nice with the software from each of those companies. You can also add photos to this system if you want the forms you create to match your branding. Overall, its ease of use is a big deal because it consists of the same setup in all its forms.
What’s the difference between Honeybook and Dubsado?
At first glance, both of these systems are very similar to each other. Both of them play nice with Google and Chrome, and you can create invoices and forms on either platform. However, there are some big differences worth mentioning.
- Invoicing is easier on Honeybook. Things like quantity and price are editable in one single click of a mouse button, and if no one package is created equal in terms of cost, there’s a clear hierarchy you can see in your invoice, whereas Dubsado’s packages all look similar.
- Workflows, however, are better on Dubsado. It includes a more robust options menu in terms of actions needing to be taken such as sending an invoice, sending an email, and more.
- Phone lovers, Honeybook may be the best CRM for you because it has a mobile app! Whatever you can do in the desktop app, you can do on mobile too. Dubsado doesn’t have an app at all.
- Dubsado has something Honeybook doesn’t which is a Subcontract Form option. This allows business owners to receive legally binding signatures that their company may rely on once that first contact has been signed.
How to choose
Sometimes the simplest way is to answer some of your own questions, and usually that can be done by revisiting the basics.
- Do you usually take your business on the go, or do you perform your duties at an office?
- Is invoicing and collecting payments an area where your business struggles, or is it in organizing workflow?
- Do you work in a specific industry such as weddings, photography, or ecommerce?
- Are there multiple brands your company needs to manage?
- Does your business require lots and lots of legally binding contracts?
- Are you quite attached to using Stripe, Paypal, and Square for your payment options or are you open to new ones?
At the end of the day, all businesses need some form of client management system to keep everything going smoothly and to ensure no tasks are left amiss and unfinished.
Either way, both Honeybook and Dubsado are excellent choices, however the answer to which system to choose depends on your current needs, today.
Still need help deciding?
As a CRM consultant, helping business owners decide on a CRM that works best for their company is my bread and butter. Both Honeybook and Dubsado are specializations of mine, meaning I know about each system’s quirks and benefits. You can even ask me for a code and get a discount on your subscription!
Our company is completely centered around using this software without going beyond your initial budget. We can go over each CRM software together in a consultation if you’d like to see a more interactive demonstration of what both Honeybook and Dubsado can do for you.